Monday, July 29, 2013

Stretch Marks

I recently posted this controversial picture of myself on Instagram accompanied by the following words.

If you think you are ready to have sex, ask yourself if you are ready to risk your body looking like this? EVERY time you have sex you are risking getting pregnant, no matter the precautions you are taking. No birth control is ever 100%. I used to love my body, then I got pregnant. This is a current picture of me. It has taken me three years to get used to the fact that this is my body now, my stretch marks will NEVER fully go away. I was not ready for my body to look like this by the time I was 18. I don't have an 18 year old's body. I was not ready to have sex. I should not have had sex. Please be careful. Think before you act.

My main reason for posting this was to show that teen pregnancy is NOT GLAMOROUS. It makes me sad when I see 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, even 18 year old girls writing on ask.fm that they want to get pregnant on purpose. I wanted to show them that this is not what they want. Pregnancy and raising a child is not fun, it is hard work.

Today Baby Center posted on article featuring my photo that I really love. Read their article here: http://blogs.babycenter.com/celebrities/teen-mom-izabella-photo-07292013-stretch-marks-safe-sex/

No comments:

Post a Comment