Thursday, July 25, 2013

Welcome!

Jairo, Henry and I today
Hello. This is new territory for me. Usually I am blogging about other people, not myself. So you will have to bear with me for the first few weeks until I get the hang of this! I suppose it is appropriate to start this blog off with an update.

I'll start with Henry since he is my favorite person in the world. He is currently two years old. He will be three in less than two months which is a scary thought! He is about 38 inches tall and skinny like his father. He loves to be the center of attention. He usually achieves this by talking. We all love to hear his little voice and the funny things he says. Some of my favorite things he says right now are: "you make me sad," "you lost me," "I can't wear that, I wore it last night," "I want (fill in blank) also," "I can't, I'm busy," "shh I'm on the phone, no talking," "I want (fill in blank) and I want it now," "but I need to," "I can't know how," "mommy/daddy/mama/papa/tiko said no," "sorry, I no mean to," and "I love you so much." Henry loves to pretend that he is a wild cat. The cat varies from day to day. Today he is a white tiger, yesterday he was a leopard, and sometimes he's even a lion. He loves to growl and curl up his fingers to show his "claws." He has got the growling down pretty well. The other day he taught my mom how to growl by telling her she had to be loud and open her mouth really big. Lately he is really into robots and dinosaurs. His favorite movies this week have been: Dinosaur, The Land Before Time, Robots, and Wreck-It-Ralph. Henry loves to play with his friends every day. We recently got a little trampoline for our backyard and it's his favorite thing ever. He loves jumping around and being wild.



Okay next will be Jairo. He is 20 years old. He is still working at Walgreens. He has worked there since January of 2011. He is currently training to become a pharmacy technician. He will be starting school this fall. He is enrolled in Salt Lake Community College and is in a program that will allow him to finish his general education courses in one year instead of two. He will still be working full time because his classes will be for three hours on Friday nights and six hours on Saturday mornings. He is currently interested in going to school to become a pharmacist. I am so proud of him. If someone would have told me three years ago that Jairo would end up like this, I would not have believed them. He has come so far in life and I am so proud of him.

Jairo and I after our date night last Friday
My very long hair
So I guess that leaves me. I graduated high school on May 25, 2013. It was one of the biggest accomplishments of my life. I felt honored to have my 2 1/2 year old by my side. I owe it all to my school and my parents. Both were so supportive and truly guided my way towards success. There were many times that I wanted to quit. It would have been so much easier to just get my GED. But I am so glad I stuck with it. My graduation experience was so rewarding. I will be attending the University of Utah in the fall. I start college classes on August 26. So I have almost exactly one month left of Summer! I am really nervous to start college. It is going to be such a different experience from high school. Especially my high school. All of our classes were held in four hallways, upstairs and downstairs. My graduating class consisted of less than 200 people. I am going to miss my old school. I was on the same campus from 4-year-old preschool up until 12th grade. It is going to be strange going somewhere different for school. That being said, I am actually very excited too. I think I will do well in college. I have always been really independent throughout high school and I hear that every one is really on their own in college, that there aren't "cliques." I am excited for the change of scenery. The University of Utah is a beautiful campus. I can't wait to spend my days there. I have not committed to a major yet, but I am leaning towards psychology. My ultimate goal is to get accepted to medical school. Right now I am interested in anesthesiology, but that is subject to change.
My ring

That's about it for us right now. If you have any questions leave me a comment. I also have an ask account. My name on there is just IzabellaTovar. Just so you know, all of the pictures on here were taken in the last week!


1 comment:

  1. Yay! Can't wait to read all your updates. You were my fave on 16 &pregnant. Its crazy that you're younger than me but I could relate to you in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete